April 6, 2014

How I spent my spring break.

Tomorrow, I return to work, Evie returns to school, and our spring break is officially over. It was relaxing, it was busy, it was a lot of activity packed into 5 days. Here are a few of the ways I spent my time off from work:

Took my favorite little girl ice skating 

Cleaned and organized my bedroom closet

Unpacked two boxes from our last move (4 years ago)

Found a cassette tape of a Carleton radio show that Sam and I recorded on 4/6/99 (15 years ago!)

Cuddled with my two favorite kids

Only checked my work email three times

Experienced a 10-inch snowfall and a 60-degree day, all in the same weekend

Had dinner with old friends who had moved away, and with new friends who haven't heard all of our stories yet

Reunited the kids with their second cousins, who happened to be visiting from Washington, D.C. 


These kids are so fun that Felix sobbed most of the way home. 


Had a conversation about Gwyneth Paltrow's restrictive food philosophies which inspired us to bust out Doritos and beer in her honor

Accompanied Evie on her first mile-long bike ride

Rode my bike for 6.7 miles and enjoyed every minute, except for that big hill on Kerber Drive 

Went running, went to the gym, and tried in vain to mitigate the effects of the weekend's excessive wine, carbs, and fun

Annoyed the cats by being home so much more than they're accustomed to

Discovered super-amazing mascara and was so excited that I took selfies of my eye.


No mascara
Regular mascara
Super-amazing mascara


Went grocery shopping at 8 p.m. on a Sunday night, feeling like a celebrity with the whole store there just to serve me

Got a visit from the Coupon Fairy


I've played Coupon Fairy before. Karma, or just good luck? Either way, I'll take it.


Wrote some blogs

Took one much-needed night off from writing

Ran out of energy at the end of the weekend and wrote a quick list and passed it off as a blog

Cheers!


No comments: